IBPA STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Hey, students – could you use $500?
Check the info below and send in your application!
About the IBPA Student Scholarship Program
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for this scholarship
- Be a high school senior or current college student planning to attend or enrolled in an accredited, non-profit, four year college or university in the United States in the fall of the following year.
- Be a US citizen or legal permanent resident
- Previous winners of the IBPA Student Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Student may only enter one time per scholarship competition. Any attempt to obtain multiple entries by using different or multiple e-mailed addresses, identities or logins is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- No exceptions will be made.
When is the application period?
Applications are accepted year-round, so send in your application anytime.
What are the selection criteria?
The IBPA Board of Directors committee will select winners by reviewing and scoring essays received. Decisions of the selection committees are final and are not subject to appeal. No application feedback will be given.
What are the details of the award?
- Up to 2 scholarships in the amount of $500 will be awarded annually to students who are United States citizens and are not renewable.
- Students may reapply each year as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
- The scholarships will be paid to the students to be used for attendance including tuition, housing, books and other educational costs at any accredited, nonprofit, four-year college or university.
- Students may transfer from one institution to another and retain the award.
Which school should I list on the application if I have not made a final decision?
You should list your first choice on the application.
What are my responsibilities if I am chosen as a recipient?
You must enroll as a full time college student in the fall of the year in which the scholarships are awarded.
How and when are checks issued?
Checks will be issued in August to each recipient’s mailing address and made payable to the student.
Are scholarships taxable?
Tax laws vary by country. In the United States, scholarship funds used exclusively for the payment of tuition or textbooks are normally not taxable. The scholarship recipient is responsible for taxes, if any, that may be assessed against your scholarship award. We recommend consulting your tax advisor for more guidance. You may also consult IRS Publication 970 for further information.
Program Administration and Questions?
The scholarship is provided by the International Bullying Prevention Association. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.